Saturday, June 18, 2016

ShadowHunters TV Series Review

ShadowHunters Review
The TV (nothing else)
I have strong feeling about this show so we are going to say this will be a BR-13.
I really do not where to start.
I held out and kept in my feelings in until  I saw the whole season. I think the first thing that comes to mind is: IF YOU COULD NOT FIT IT IN AN HOUR AND THIRTY MINUTES WHAT THE HELL MADE YOU THINK YOU   GET IT IN THIRTEEN DAMN EPISODES!!
This rating may change to BR-MA…
tumblr_inline_o69hzfvzvc1scplxy_500.gif
I want to start with the progressions of my feelings.
I watched the movie before reading the movie. Like always you do not see the flaws. I sure as hell didn’t. When I heard there  was going to a show I died. My soul  left my body along with my sanity. I heard a ‘Logan what the hell are you doing up here?’  and then I was thrown back to my body.
Watching the show I held a lot of freedom for the first few episodes. That freedom left fairly soon.
bVnIe4.gif
They changed the whole damn thing. They hit key points but those heartwarming small things they just cut.


Now My 3 Big  Plot Problems (spoilers)
Like I said above the changes. The changes were SO big.
  1. I almost cried when Jace and Clary kissed in the garden...
Guess what? That did not exist.
They made it 21st century. They probably did so thinking the teens wanted future. Guess what it does not MATTER!  In the book they did not tweet any one.
MY FAVORITE THING ABOUT THE BOOK SETTINGWAS THE LIBRARY!
I did not get my library if you could not tell from the caps above.
I thought I could adapt… I could not.
2. The whole wedding scenario. What the hell was that actually? I cut my patience after that.  I was not happy with the change in plot and how it affected the characters. They were making it more drama than it was. When you have an action show you can balance drama and action.
They did not.
This messed up the relationship between  everyone. It was more about the OTP then it was  parabatai and other relationships. Jace and Alec’s relationship is VERY important. It is one of the key plot points. Alec risking both of their lives  would not happen…
3. Jace leaving. The way... was no. Just no. I love who played Valentine. He was seen too early. Him coming out is a big reveal. The person who played Valentine is one of my favorite actors. As the king in Reign he made me love and hate him.
Everything happened too fast. Throughout the story it was rushed and seemed messy
ACTORS:
This is something important to talk about to me. The actors affect a lot.
Saying that the acting was not at it’s best.  The character seemed more like:  we're going there and saying some lines.
Clary:  She did not add the sassy and crazy I see in Clary. Clary is a forward, brave girl. She is that friend where you can tell they got an idea. And when they do, you pray… because someone may die.
Kat did not bring that same  sass and kick ass that I need.  I read this story on www.thewrap.com  I will leave it below. I agree with it completely.
Screenshot_20160617-230828.jpg
Another thing is that I see Lily Collins as Clary. She does not have Kat’s bright red hair, but she did have red hair for awhile. Lily’s acting for Clary was more precise. Lily acts like she read the book pretty much.
tumblr_inline_o260jiTNrm1tnx4n5_500.gif tumblr_mwyi80kSNL1scurlpo4_250.gif
I don’t feel the sass, honey.
tumblr_nvyh5jQFX41s6z4zdo1_500.gif


Jace: DOMINIC!!!!! *whines*
Dom was so good in Vampire Academy.
He is just not  getting that arrogant, sex beast that is Jace
Speaking of him and Clary, they act like they just met. They look more alive out of character.
maxresdefault.jpg
Look EMOTION!
I  like Simon.
I like Magnus
tumblr_o404277Hzu1qly3wvo2_250.gif
I like the Lightwoods
tumblr_o404277Hzu1qly3wvo4_250.giftumblr_o404277Hzu1qly3wvo7_250.gif
They did change Izzy character and um… fuck that. You got her right for looks. She is a bit nicer than Izzy as well.
Alec is my spirit animal…


All together I am not feeling it. They changed the story completely.  Demons die in sparkles:
efc8578d-3ae3-41f0-8fb8-f9bcc00a3c9d.jpgscary-monster-1448906791.gif
Not that scary…


When making a book a show go to either the CW or a paid channel. Example of book to show: Outlanders
One of my favorite characters (*cough* villain *cough*) is about to come in. If they fuck him up I will sue…
No joke please do not  hurt me like that ABC Fam-... FREEFORM…
the-mortal-instruments-city-of-bones-movie-2.jpg
That’s all killers
Follow us on wattpad:
@neverlander_555

@taytay2726

0 comments:

Post a Comment